Sunday, December 7, 2008

A Discovery in my Yard!!

Taking a quick nightly walk, I discovered some new smellies in my yard! Things were going as usual, until.........I smelled something strange....different!!!!


This is all very detailed work. I must sense all the ba-zillions of smells and find that ONE that has put me on alert!
I'm using the snooter and working hard! And I'm getting closer.....closer......


There! In the pond thingy! You all may not be able to see it, but it was a funny looking fishy thing with a hard shell on top! Mom called it a turtle!


Let me get to it!!!! I need to inspect!! I may need backup on this mission!
Mom made me come back up on the porch. She said the turtle thing wasn't dangerous, but I'm not convinced.

I suppose I will stand guard over the front yard for a while. Protecting it against those ugly turtles, should there be an invasion. They may not be as fast as the squirrels...but I bet they are sneaky!

Mya Boo Boo, Guard Dog

7 comments:

Teddy Westlife said...

Oh I hope it wasn't one of those turtles that bite. Cap'n Maverick has had one of those in his garden before.

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Woo are The Great Turtle Huntress!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: I've got skhwirrel stuff on my blog MONDAY!

My Two Best Friends said...

WOO WOO

Wow - you are one incredible Turtle Guard Dog! We bet your Mom was so so proud of you!

Hugs
Thor and Marco Polo

Ozzie the OZmonster & Zowie said...

I'll keep a watch out for those turtley things down here in Georgia. If I see them invading from the south, I'll let you know. They might be plotting something. . .


Ozzie

River said...

Great work, Mya! Sometimes those turtles can snap!!

love & wags,
River

Kapp pack said...

Great hunting skills! Love the new blog look!

Kisses, Sky boy

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

I haven't seen one of the turtle creatures, but if they are fun to chase like squirrels, then I'm all for it.

Steve


Happy Valentine's Day to all my friends!!

Koova and Mya Valentine's 2009

Koova and Mya Valentine's 2009
True Love

Merry Christmas 2010

Blog Archive

Proud Member of the OWAS Army

MBB's HULA Certificate

MBB's HULA Certificate
HULA Member

Award

Award
Inspiration award from Urban Hounds

Awards

Awards
Thanks to Ozzie!

Blog Hop