I’ve just been informed that three Dogster pups, all belonging to the same household, have been poisoned by antifreeze. It saddens me to share the news that all have passed over to Rainbow Bridge.
The beautiful dogs lost were Jake, Joey, and Nari. Not much is known at this time, but it’s suspected that someone in the neighborhood is responsible. I will update as soon as I have more information. In the meantime, please visit their homepages and leave a little love.
I have no doubt their owner is in desperate need of some kind thoughts to help get her through this. We extend our heartfelt condolences to the family.
Antifreeze poisoning is a big issue because dogs are drawn to the sweet smell. Dogs have even been known to chew through the container when they find it left in the garage or elsewhere in the house. It’s so important to make sure the container is stored in a safe and secure place, just like you would do if you had a small child at home. It’s reported that about 10,000 accidental poisonings, both cats and dogs, happen per year.
Death by antifreeze poisoning is not a pretty way to go, it’s a long and painful death. The good news is that if you get your pet to the vet within 9-12 hours after ingestion they may recover.
I am not skilled enough to know how to embed links, so here is a link the old fashioned way.
Please take a moment to hug your furrie babies....I know I am.
Painter Pack Mom